In 1998 Dr. Norma Milanovich
and Dr. Shirley McCune published a fascinating
The Light Shall Set You Free. In it they
stated that there are 12 Universal Laws, and 21
sub-laws, that describe ways in which cause and
effect are related. These ideas are not new,
many ancient texts list them, often condensing
them into just seven
laws or guidelines for ways of thinking and
acting that will enhance our physical, mental,
emotional and spiritual growth. Success happens
according to universal laws. It has nothing to
do with luck!
These laws are all inter-related and are founded on the understanding that everything in the universe is energy, including us, and that energy moves in a circular fashion. At the microscopic level, we are a whirling mass of sub-atomic particles spinning rapidly. At an even smaller level, the Plank Scale, we see that these sub-atomic particles are really just energy. In fact, everything in the world is comprised of just energy and we are intimately connected with this sea of whirling energy. We are it and it is us.
The great thing is, because our thoughts, feelings, words and actions create the world around us, we have the power to create a world of peace, harmony and abundance. In order to do this, it is essential that we learn to control our thoughts and emotions. Understanding the Universal Laws helps us to do this. Here are the twelve laws as set out by Milanovich and McCune.
1) The Law of Divine Oneness helps us to understand that we live in a world where everything is connected to everything else. Everything we do, say, think and believe affects others and the universe around us.
2) The Law of Vibration states that everything in the Universe moves, vibrates, and travels in circular patterns. The same principles of vibration in the physical world apply to our thoughts, feelings, desires, and wills in the etheric world. Each sound, thing, and even thought has its own vibrational frequency, unique unto itself. Everything from a thought to an object is in a constant state of vibration. Everything vibrates - nothing rests. When we look inside a molecule wel find atoms, and when we look inside atoms we find sub-atomic particles, and when we look inside sub-atomic particles we discover that there really is no matter there at all. Everything in the universe is energy.
This energy vibrates at different frequencies (varying rates of vibration) to form different things in our awareness. Thought is the most potent form of energy and thoughts are things. Conscious awareness of vibration is called feeling. Our thoughts control our paradigms and our vibration and we attract what we are vibrating in tune with. Positive vibrations attract positive experiences, negative vibrations attract negative experiences. When you are not feeling good, become aware of what you are thinking, then think of something pleasant and change your vibration.
3) The Law of Action must be applied in order for us to manifest things on earth. Therefore, we must engage in actions that support our thoughts, dreams, emotions and words.
4) The Law of Correspondence states that the principles or laws of physics that explain the physical world - energy, Light, vibration, and motion - have their corresponding principles in the etheric or universe. As above, so below.
5) The Law of Cause and Effect (karma) states that nothing happens by chance or outside the Universal Laws. Every action has a reaction or consequence and we reap what we have sown. Every effect must have a cause and every cause an effect. Whatever you send out into the Universe comes back to you. Action and re-action are equal and opposite. Nothing happens by chance, everything happens according to law. Therefore anything you may cause is the effect of something that you did before. What you sow, you will reap. Say good things to everyone and treat everyone with total love and respect and it will come back to you. Never worry about what you are going to get, just concentrate on what you can give now.
6) The Law of Compensation is the Law of Cause and Effect applied to the blessings and abundance that are provided for us. The visible effects of our deeds are given to us in gifts, money, inheritances, friendships, and blessings.
7) The Law of Attraction demonstrates how we draw things, events, and people into our lives. Our thoughts, feelings, words, and actions produce energies which, in turn, attract like energies. Negative energies attract negative energies and positive energies attract positive energies.
8) The Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy states that all persons have within them the power to change the conditions in their lives. Energy is forever moving into form, through form and back into form. This law says that change is all there is. Everything is constantly changing. The results that most often materialise in our lives are the images we hold in our minds. Higher vibrations consume and transform lower ones; thus, each of us can change the energies in our lives by understanding the Universal Laws and applying the principles in such a way as to effect change.
9) The Law of Relativity states that everything in life exists by comparison. Hot only exists because we compare it to cold, just as good only exists by comparison to bad and so on. Nothing is good or bad, big or small, until we relate it to something else. Everything just is unless and until we compare it to something. Nothing in life has any meaning, except the meaning we choose to give to it. Each person will receive a series of challenges or tests for the purpose of strengthening the Light within. We must consider each of these tests to be a challenge and remain connected to our hearts when proceeding to solve the problems. This law also teaches us to compare our problems to others' problems and put everything into its proper perspective. No matter how bad we perceive our situation to be, there is always someone who is in a worse position. It is all relative. Practice relating your situation to something much worse and yours will always look good.
10) The Law of Polarity states that everything is on a continuum and has an opposite. Everything must have an opposite, it could not exist otherwise: Hot and cold, up and down, good and bad are all opposites. Therefore, positive or negative cannot exist in isolation. Failure must be accompanied by the seeds of success; low potential is always accompanied by high potential etc. Always look for the good in people and situations. When you find it, tell the person. People love compliments and the positive idea in your mind makes you feel good. Good idea equals Good vibration! We can transform undesirable thoughts by concentrating on their opposites.
11) The Law of Rhythm states that everything vibrates and moves to certain rhythms, the dance of the Universe. These rhythms establish seasons, cycles, stages of development, and patterns. Each cycle reflects the regularity of the Universe. Something must advance when anything retreats. Tides ebb and flow, night follows day, good times always follow bad times. We all have highs and lows intellectually, emotionally and physically, but through understanding we can be at our best regardless. A sense of rhythm gives us our gut feelings, so go with it as it is probably right. When you are on a down swing, don't feel bad about it, just know that the wheel of fortune is always turning and the good times are coming again. Masters know how to rise above negative parts of a cycle by not taking themselves too seriously. They just watch the dance and wait for the tide to turn.
12) The Law of Gender states that everything in the Universe has its masculine (yang) and feminine (yin) principles, and that these are the basis for all creation. Nothing is every created or destroyed. All new things are just the results of something that changed which already existed. This law governs creation. It says that for anything to manifest it must have an incubation or gestation period (like a baby takes nine months, trees and flowers have their own gestation periods). For creation to take place the male and female principle must unite in perfect balance. In order to reap you must first sow. Ideas are spiritual seeds and will move into form and produce physical results. All goals will manifest when the time is right. Everything you want in your life has a gestation period. Don't give up too early! Wait for the gestation period to bring it into form. The spiritual initiate must balance the masculine and feminine energies within himself or herself to become a Master and true co-creator with God and Goddess, the Universe or whatever we like to call the Source.
In the original 1912 writing of The Science Of Getting Rich Wallace Wattles did not list these laws. He assumed that the reader was already aware of them. It is important that you understand them now.